From: Mykhaylo Sorochan <mihan@××××××××××××.ua>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] installing gentoo from i586.iso troubles
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 00:58:19
1 Hi guys!
2
3 I have some problems in installing the Gentoo.
4 I've been downloaded i586.iso of Gentoo Linux and tried o install it. I have to say that I have access to Internet at my work and install Gentoo on my home machine.
5 So I have made all steps till making a boot and kernel. The problem is that /etc/make.profile (/usr/portage/profiles/default-1.0) is absent and emerge doesn't work. It seems that stage2(3)-i586 are incomplete. How I can fix it without downloading anything from my home machine. Where I can get that file and what else is absent there?
6
7 Thank you.
8 Regards, Misha Sorochan.