From: Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Fwd: Cron <gmirror@dipper> /usr/local/bin/pidlock -s rsync-gen /bin/bash /usr/local/bin/mastermirror/rsync-gen.sh
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 02:13:52
1 On 26/01/17 06:48 PM, Doug Freed wrote:
2 > This is the email I get when a Manifest is missing DIST entries; it's
3 > more verbose than it needs to be, but I'd rather have more than less.
4 > In this particular case, the developer that made the bad commit likely
5 > had something they were working on in sys-cluster/torque added to the
6 > git index (ie, they did git add), and then needed to make an unrelated
7 > change, and didn't stash their changes beforehand. You should always
8 > check 'git status' output before running repoman commit and/or git
9 > commit. It's probably best to check before you start on a change, and
10 > then you can 'git stash -u' right away (the -u includes untracked
11 > files, which is useful if your in progress change is adding something
12 > new), and then after you've committed the change you wanted to get
13 > done right away, you can 'git stash pop' to get back to the state you
14 > were in before.
17 A maintainer/committer directed email would definitely help with this,
18 yes; otherwise maybe an RSS feed we could subscribe to would be more
19 fitting than list emails?
20
21 The problem was definitely me, however i'm not sure what I messed up
22 in this particular case. What I had done was 'git reset *' and 'git
23 checkout -- *' within sys-cluster/torque/ to trash all of the
24 non-committed work. I'll definitely be more careful in the future.