From: Cedric Sodhi <ManDay@××××××××.cc>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Deprecating virtual/opengl in favor of media-libs/libglvnd
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 12:23:16
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 as by our discussion on #gentoo-desktop, we would like to sort out the historical artefact "virtual/opengl" which dates back to before Wayland and has become somewhat inappropriate (a misnomer, not sufficiently configurable, or redundant depending on one's perspective).
4
5 A quick recap of the situation, a description of the problems and reasons why it should be deprecated, as well as the "way forward" are documented here:
6
7 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:ManDay/Deprecating_the_virtual_OpenGL_ebuild
8
9 At this point we would like to invite everyone to enter additional feedback - including potential problems which are not covered by the article. When we're sure that everything has been considered, we can move to deprecating "virtual/opengl".
12 Thank you!
13 Cedric
20 This free account was provided by VFEmail.net - report spam to abuse@×××××××.net
21
22 ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
23 $24.95 ONETIME Lifetime accounts with Privacy Features!
24 15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
25 Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!