From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo usage in companies
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 11:58:26
1 Hello everybody!
2
3 As Gentoo approaches its 10th birthday I've been wondering how and where it is
4 used. We used to have some great stories from companies in the weekly
5 newsletter, but that one has become very dormant a while ago.
6
7 I'd like to collect your success stories, endorsements and case studies so we
8 can present to the rest of the world how using Gentoo makes your life easier
9 and is totally awesome. If you don't want to have that information public I'll
10 gladly anonymize it as long as I can be reasonably certain that you really
11 exist. What is important is that you, if you actively use it in a commercial
12 environment, write me whatever you think is important. Or you motivate someone
13 you know to write it. Do your contribution to making things better :)
14
15 Everything from "I use it and it's great!" to a story starting on a rainy day
16 in November 1885 is good. Don't be afraid, I'll work with you on making it
17 into something readable.
18 And if you have specific criticism I'll take that too - maybe we can find an
19 easy way to improve things. That is in your best interest too, so go ahead.
20 Invest a few minutes of your time so we can save you more time!
21
22 I would suggest that you _don't_ reply to this mailinglist but directly send
23 me an email. Otherwise it'd be a long, but very offtopic thread which I'd like
24 to avoid (and we had enough of those already ...)
25
26 Many thanks in advance for your contributions,
27
28 Patrick