From: "Harald van Dijk" <truedfx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] et_EE locale and language of error messages
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 13:42:53
1 On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 02:44:03PM +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:
2 > Harald van Dijk wrote:
3 > >and as for
4 > >unreadable error messages, getting German gcc output in a German locale
5 > >is a feature, not a bug.
6 >
7 > I agree - but only when you use gcc on the command line, or in a
8 > Makefile, or in some other normal usage scenario.
9 >
10 > I think Stefan is suggesting just using the standard English locale
11 > *during portage merges* rather than as a system-wide thing.
12 >
13 > Does that change your view at all?
14
15 I know that's what he's suggesting, so no, it doesn't change my view.
16 --
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list