From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] package with funny licence
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 17:04:56
1 On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 12:21:12 +0200
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Today I stumbled over a package that has the following funny "licence"
5 > in its file headers:
6 >
7 > ;; Bozoup(P) 1995 The Bozo(tic) Softwar(e) Founda(t)ion, Inc.
8 > ;; See the BOZO Antipasto for further information.
9 > ;; If this is useful to you, may you forever be blessed by the Holy
10 > Lord ;; Patty. AT&T you will.
11
12 That's not a license, it's a copyright notice with added fluff.
13
14 > The package was marked as GPL-2 but I think this does not really hit
15 > the spot. ;-)
16
17 If I were you, I would ask the author and not simply label it as-is.
18 GPL-2 it definitely isn't.
21 Kind regards,
22 JeR
23 --