From: omestre <omestre@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Samba
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:12:10
1 hello,
2 I'm upgrading a SuSE 8.0 +
3 Samba 2.2.8a installation to gentoo. I have no way
4 to change the schema in my LDAP server *by now*, so
5 i'm using the compat option. When i have installed the
6 Samba 3.0 in my gentoo server, it have warned me
7 about pwdlastset attr (must not be "0"). i have made
8 a test *without* this attribute, and the result was:
9 - Too many users have lost the the lm and nt password
10 attr.
11 - Too many users have added three attrs: pwdlastset,
12 pwdmustchange, pwdcanchange.
13 - Some users have disabled your accounts
14 - And *one* user (that i have checked) works fine (without
15 any modifications by samba 3.0).
16 So, I did read *all* the samba pdc ldap howto and
17 migration task, and put the pwdlastset attr to all users(with
18 a valid date :).
19 Then, the samba 3.0 did not add any attr to the users,
20 but the account that was working (in all windows servers
21 that i have), did not work anymore (Just work in one w2003
22 server, in two w2k did not). I did one reboot in each machine,
23 wait more than 15 minutes... and nothing.
24 No one other account did work.
25 I have three questions:
26 Have anybody a succesfull installation of samba 3.0 (as PDC
27 server) + LDAP authentication and the old samba schema (using
28 compat feature)?
29 Can i install the 2.2.8a in gentoo? (There is not a 2.2.8a ebuild
30 anymore, i know. But the samba 2.2.8a will compile?
31 If somebody have the samba 3.0 working, please what the configuration,
32 and more important: what are the attrs that the users have?
33 Thanks very much, and sorry by the english.
34 omestre@××××××××××××.org
35 SDF Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf.lonestar.org
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list