From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: sys-apps/hwdata
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:05:52
1 The sys-apps/hwdata package isn't marked stable on any architecture. It
2 is the upstream Red Hat version of the package, and was the last version
3 that would work successfully with "hwsetup" as we use on the releases.
4 Since this won't be getting any updates from upstream (as they've moved
5 onto an incompatible format) and it is 100% replaced with
6 sys-apps/hwdata-gentoo, I recommend its removal from the tree in only a
7 few days. There's really no point in keeping this package around, as we
8 aren't using it, and it won't ever get updated with new hardware.
9
10 If there's no objections in the next few days, I'm going to punt it and
11 do a package move to hwdata-gentoo, just in case.
14 Chris Gianelloni
15 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
16 x86 Architecture Team
17 Games - Developer