From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Detecting Baselayout2/OpenRC from init.d scripts (summary of debate and plans from bug 270646)
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 10:22:47
1 On Monday 08 June 2009 06:00:14 Roy Marples wrote:
2 > Robin H. Johnson wrote:
3 > > On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 12:00:59AM +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
4 > IIRC vapier patched busybox to alias [[ to [, which is worse as you
5 > still have to quote correctly as if [ and you don't get the =~ operator
6 > from [[.
7
8 i reverted that from busybox' ash a while ago
9
10 > > I'm all for going with something that will work more globally, IFF it
11 > > can be easily tested for (on pure Gentoo Linux machines, which is what
12 > > most developers are running, because they won't be bothered to test
13 > > under G/FBSD or Prefix/OSX etc), vs. just going by what the
14 > > specification says.
15 >
16 > The only available shell on Linux that doesn't do anything other than
17 > the POSIX spec is dash. However, even that shell is not entirely
18 > compliant (a few missing features last I looked).
19
20 and a few extra :p
21
22 busybox' hush is pretty good, but not as widely tested yet
23 -mike