From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Slightly different proposal for a Code of Conduct
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:06:18
1 I think this one is a lot better, thanks amne.
2
3 In terms of implementation, can't we just get some dev-moderators (cf
4 proctors) who moderate bugzilla and ml? If a user comes into those channels
5 they are subject to the same standards, with perhaps a little leeway since
6 they don't post from a gentoo.org address, and thus are not writing in an
7 official capacity.
8
9 I think that last point bears repeating: imho if you post from a gentoo.org
10 address you should see it as a professional matter. If you can't stay
11 professional, don't post. If you *really* have to, use a different address
12 (and change the full name) so it's clear you're posting in a personal
13 capacity, and outsiders don't think "omg gentoo people are total assholes."
14
15 Imo IRC and user-forums simply ain't broke, although flameeyes and ciaranm
16 might disagree :P If there's bullying on IRC (wtf?! leave the room and
17 report it to *freenode* staff) by all means include it. Certainly it would
18 make sense as it's a dev comm channel, and devs /should/ be responsible for
19 their behaviour to other devs.
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list