From: Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] app-portage/tatt: completely broken?
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 11:41:00
1 On 26/05/16 02:12, Matt Turner wrote:
2 > Is tatt usable for anyone? Both the 0.3 and 9999 versions seem to hang
3 > after printing the Bugnumber:
4 >
5 > # tatt -b 576112
6 > Bugnumber: 576112
7
8 I can reproduce it. This is most likely due to 'bugz' asking for login
9 credentials to bugzilla, leading to the python subprocess module
10 stalling. Something changed here, as in earlier versions (of python?
11 pybugz?) it would still ask on the shell so that you could see what is
12 going on.
13
14 My solution to this was to recommend an alias
15
16 bugz="bugz -u ... -p ..."
17
18 which also does not work anymore. So a new solution must be found to
19 tell bugz the login credentials. I'm working on it in
20 https://github.com/tom111/tatt/issues/24
21
22 Cheers,
23 Thomas
27 > CTRL+C gives this traceback:
28 >
29 > ^CTraceback (most recent call last):
30 > File "/usr/lib/python-exec/python3.4/tatt", line 135, in <module>
31 > bugraw = p1.communicate()[0].decode('utf-8')
32 > File "/usr/lib/python3.4/subprocess.py", line 947, in communicate
33 > stdout = _eintr_retry_call(self.stdout.read)
34 > File "/usr/lib/python3.4/subprocess.py", line 491, in _eintr_retry_call
35 > return func(*args)
36 > KeyboardInterrupt
37 >
38 > I've asked multiple times in #gentoo-dev, but the lack of responses
39 > indicates to me that no one actually uses it which would be a shame.
40 > If it is indeed broken, perhaps we should remove mentions of it from
41 > pages such as [1].
42 >
43 > Does anyone successfully use tatt? Are there alternatives to scripting
44 > this boring keywording procedure?
45 >
46 > [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Arch_testing_guide#tatt
50 Thomas Kahle