From: Ralph Seichter <gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Pull request related to the "GLEP81 and /home" discussion
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 16:06:36
1 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/13265
2
3 After following the recent discussion here, I ask that somebody please
4 decide on what to do with this PR, which I opened 2019-10-12.
5
6 Please either close the pull request, change it to fit QA needs, or
7 merge it as it is. Unless this is decided in a pragmatic fashion in the
8 coming days, I am going to step down as maintainer as well, as Michael
9 already did.
10
11 Personally, I found the discussion about home directories a prime
12 example of one of the aspects that annoys me greatly about Gentoo.
13 Keeping things "pure" should not stand in the way of getting things
14 done. I have come to prefer a private overlay, because it allows me
15 to avoid "defenders of the faith" to a certain degree. ;-)
16
17 -Ralph