From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] adding a code of conduct
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 22:38:40
1 On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 17:38 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > i dont see how anyone can be against this (unless you're a terrorist!),
3
4 For someone who's promoting 'ubuntu' like conduct, your choice of words
5 is rather Patriot Act-ish. If this two-facedness reflects the intentions
6 of people behind this semi-civilized means of minority-control, I'll
7 pass on it.
8
9 The wording of certain phrases in this 'code of conduct' is really
10 dubious : specific enough to be used for any purpose and vague enough to
11 hold none of those in control responsible. Take for example the
12 'Repeated disruptive behaviors..' paragraph.
13
14 If you really want to make a serious attempt at a code of conduct, you
15 keep it simple, you keep it clean. You let the community decide on
16 contents and don't mix rules with punishments in one and the same
17 document. If you guys really had understood the Ubuntu contract you
18 would've never dropped this 'constitution' on -dev like this, especially
19 not at this time (you know what I mean).
20
21 - foser