From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: riscv@g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to structure our RISC-V support
Date: Thu, 06 May 2021 20:30:57
2 > Haven't I told you using two-level libdirs is stupid? So yes,
3 > please do that and let us be happy once again.
4 >
5 > That said, where does lp64gc land? Or isnon-multilib
6 > one-or-the-other the goal?
7
8 It would be non-multilib one-or-the-other then for us.
9 The main relevant combination is rv64gc/lp64d, which is arguably what
10 a linux machine "should have".
11
12 (I could also imagine to keep rv64imac/lp64 profile and stages (also
13 using lib64), these would have to mask stuff like rust then though.)
14
15 (Unless Palmer et al come up with a fix for the libdirs on the
16 upstream side of things. Already e.g. libdir=lib64-lp64d would be much
17 easier to handle I suspect.)
20 Andreas K. Hüttel
21 dilfridge@g.o
22 Gentoo Linux developer
23 (council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)