From: m1027 <m1027@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: app-portage/flaggie
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 18:02:19
1 mgorny:
2
3 > # Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> (2022-12-25)
4 > # make.conf writing is broken and package.use support incomplete.
5 > # Last release in 2013.  Attempted unsuccessfully fixing it in 2017.
6 > # Use an editor instead.
7 > # Removal on 2023-01-24.  Bug #888423.
8 > app-portage/flaggie
9
10 So I will deeply miss flaggie! Despite some issues it is a very
11 helpful thing once you know it, e.g. for automated USE flag changes
12 over ssh in a server farm.
13
14 I am rather in C than in python so I cannot really help advancing
15 flaggie. But I wonder whether there is a full specification for USE
16 in make.conf as well as for package.use/* so there was a chance to
17 think about a reimplementation somehow.