From: Weeve <weeve@g.o>
To: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-core@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] ANNOUNCEMENT: metadata.xml files can be created
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 13:53:25
1 On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
4 > Yes, the time is finally there. A milestone has been reached in the herds
5 > project. The dtd for the metadata.xml file has been finalised. For all you
6 > people who are curious, it does as yet not contain the changelog.
7 >
8 > The dtd can be found at http://www.gentoo.org/dtd/metadata.dtd.
9 > I request that all developers go and add metadata.xml files to the packages
10 > they maintain. Further herds should be created. They need to be registered
11 > to.
12
13 Do we the developers have tools to manage these metadata.dtd files? IIRC,
14 this was one of the huge concerns about having these (so people didn't
15 fat finger things). Should we really be pushing them out before something
16 to manage this exists (or did I miss something where it was announced)?
17
18 > All people please take a look at
19 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/metastructure/herds/
20 > Where both formats are described.
21
22 FYI, this page doesn't render correctly in mozilla-firebird (no text is
23 displayed after the words "currently the" in the second sentence of the
24 first section.
25
26 Also, Konqueror 3.1.2 does not like the right table/panel.
29 Weeve
30 Gentoo/Sparc Team Lead
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list