From: Jonas Stein <jstein@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: killing mediawiki
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 01:23:27
1 >> some of us have talked about this on IRC off and on, but I want to bring
2 >> it up here as well.
3 >>
4 >> I don't care that we have a wiki, but can we please look into killing
5 >> mediawiki and look at something with a git backend? It would be very
6 >> nice to be able to edit wiki pages in markdown or another similar format
7 >> and use git to control the changes instead of editing in a browser.
8 >
9 > I assume that your primary reason for wanting to replace mediawiki is
10 > to improve accessibility. I suggest you state that more clearly when
11 > making such a proposal.
12
13 I see.
14 Is it possible to improve the accessibility for mediawiki
15 and do we have volunteers to do that?
18 Best,
19 Jonas