From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Random items I'd like to discuss
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 21:50:51
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 22:12:11 +0100
3 > Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
4 >> Some items I have in wishlist
5 >>
6 >> - LRDEPEND link runtime dep (I need to link against that in order to
7 >> run)
8 >> - BDEPEND build dep (I need those tools in order to build)
9 >>
10 >> - arch/ctarget support in deps (same way you have use deps)
11 >
12 > Have a look at the labels bug (201499).
13
14 Similar idea, but I don't like the labels that much,
15
16 having separate vars can make backward compatibility easy
17
18 DEPEND="$BDEPEND $LRDEPEND"
19 RDEPEND="$LRDEPEND $stuff"
22 >> - explicit ctarget support in the package manager emerge
23 >> --cross=target something.
24 >
25 > Would need support from every ebuild, which in turn would need support
26 > from every upstream.
27
28 every autostuff ebuild should and that's a start.
29
30 you can restrict the tree to a specific branch supporting this feature
31 and extend it little by little.
32
33 lu
37 Luca Barbato