From: "Klaus-J. Wolf" <klaus-juergen.wolf@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: Nick Jones <carpaski@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] One rsync host is empty?
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:20:33
1 I am running Gentoo on different machines. Today I synced the one at
2 work & updated some packages and got surprising results.
3
4 It appears there is also some overaged rsync server somewhere - the
5 machine at work generated older versions than I had installed nearly two
6 days before at home. 8-(
10 Nick Jones wrote:
11 > Chiba had some issues tonight. Thanks for the notice though.
12 > We weren't aware that while we were bringing Chiba back up
13 > that the rsync mirrors were pulling an empty tree.
14 > (Assuming that is the case... We're looking into it.)
18 >>Hi,
19 >>
20 >>a few minutes ago, I tried to do a "emerge rsync" and got hundreds of
21 >>deletion messages. I interrupted the process; trying again recreated the
22 >>deleted directories, it seems.
23 >>
24 >>Possibly one of the rsync hosts is empty? I don't want to check all of
25 >>them, maybe some admin may have a look on the repository?
26 >>
27 >>Kind regards,
28 >>k.j.
32 > gentoo-dev mailing list