From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: "A. Craig West" <acwest-gentoo-dev@×××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flags
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 00:49:07
On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 17:34, A. Craig West wrote:
> So how does one go about getting a USE flag added to an ebuild? In my case, I > have my own version of the tin ebuild with a 'forgery' USE flag added which > adds the --enable-forgery option to the .configure command. I'm pretty sure > I'm not the only person around who uses that option, so it seems like > something worth contributing to the real ebuild.
I would say you should hack up the ebuild and post a copy of it to bugzilla as a bug. Assign it to the maintainer of the ebuild and hopefully they'll accept it. It helps to also have a few people that you know use it to chime in and also to be around to help the developer solve any problems there may be with the new functionality, such as being a testing guinea pig for the developer. -- Chris Gianelloni Developer, Gentoo Linux Games Team Is your power animal a penguin?