From: "José Fonseca" <j_r_fonseca@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Two scripts to automate the daily 'emerge rsync' with unmasked packages
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 16:21:43
1 Here two scripts to automate the daily 'emerge rsync' with unmasked
2 packages.
3
4 To use them gust have your unmasked packages in
5 /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask by double commenting them out, i.e.,
6 inserting '##' before them, e.g., changing
7
8 # spider@g.o ; 21 May 2002; # =x11-libs/gtk+-1.2* doesn't work
9 # this is now the gnome2 big bloated mask!
10 # (gnome-2 that is ;)
11 >=x11-libs/gtk-engines-1.9.0
12 >=gnome-base/libglade-1.99.10-r1
13 >=app-text/scrollkeeper-0.3.0
14
15 ...
16
17 into
18
19 # spider@g.o ; 21 May 2002; # =x11-libs/gtk+-1.2* doesn't work
20 # this is now the gnome2 big bloated mask!
21 # (gnome-2 that is ;)
22 ##>=x11-libs/gtk-engines-1.9.0
23 ##>=gnome-base/libglade-1.99.10-r1
24 ##>=app-text/scrollkeeper-0.3.0
25
26 ...
27
28 and run (as root) the 'emerge_rsync.sh' script as many times you want! ;-)
29
30 It will also present you with what has been changed in package.mask and in
31 "world".
32
33 Also give a look into the scripts to know a little more - I've minimally
34 commented them and they are fairly simple.
35
36 I hope that you find this useful. If yes, please tell, and I'll make sure
37 that any fixes and improvements that I (or others) make get back to you
38 (e.g., by hosting these scripts in my webpage).
39
40 Regards,
41
42 José Fonseca