From: konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new eclass: tmpfiles.eclass round 4
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 08:38:57
1 There are some things I noticed in the tmpfiles_process() function:
2
3 - `type` currently also checks for functions, alias, and builtins,
4 besides executable files. If that's not intended, the `-P` option
5 should be added.
6 - What happens if neither systemd-tmpfiles nor opentmpfiles is found?
7 - Shouldn't the function return a nonzero if an error occurs? It
8 would help scripts abort.
9 - `[[ ${ROOT} == / ]] || return 0` seems to present a harmless false
10 condition, and it doesn't show an error message. I would be helpful
11 to have a comment added above it to give details why.
12
13 I also prefer some things this way:
14
15 - Indent the contents of the first `if` block for consistency's sake,
16 and less confusion.
17 - Patterns in the `case` block doesn't have to be indented. This makes
18 the contents of the `case` block aligned with the contents of the
19 other blocks (`if`, `while`, etc.), and it makes the use of indents at
20 minimum when the block is used recursively.
21 - The subject word in the case block does not have to be quoted.
22 - Always keep blocks isolated from adjacent lines.
25 konsolebox

tmpfiles.eclass application/octet-stream