From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Last rites: x11-drivers/ati-drivers, x11-libs/amd-adl-sdk, x11-libs/xvba-video
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 09:49:29
1 On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 03:36:26 +0000 (UTC)
2 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
3
4 > (Tho for anyone thinking about it, the rx460, aka polaris11, I purchased,
5 > ended up being a poor choice as despite the hardware apparently
6 > supporting 3840x2160@60Hz, the freedomware drivers at least, apparently
7 > don't yet, so at that resolution I'm stuck at the same 30Hz that I
8 > believe I would have been stuck with on the older Turks card, which works
9 > better otherwise as the drivers for it have had longer to mature.)
10
11 You may have better luck with AMD's "DC" kernel branch.
12
13 https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux/log/?h=amd-staging-4.9
14
15 This is just as free but not yet mainlined. You can use it with Mesa or
16 AMDGPU-PRO but I highly recommend the former.
17
18 Disclaimer: I haven't tried it myself yet.
21 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
22 Gentoo Linux Developer