From: scott worley <folokai@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] handling of usb in init scripts
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:01:44
1 Hi,
2
3 Running rc6-r12. I'm no init expert but it appears the localmount
4 script assumes usbcore support is compiled, not modularized. I rebuilt
5 the kernel will all usb as modules so /proc/bus/usb does not exist until
6 the usbcore module is loaded, therefore mounting of usbdevfs fails. I
7 can change localmount to load usbcore but in the general case the script
8 needs to detect whether usbcore is modularized or not so no error is
9 generated by trying to load a module which doesn't exist. Should this
10 be done in localmount or in the script which mounts the root filesystem r/w?
11
12 thanks,
13 scott worley
14 folokai@×××××××××.net