From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: ChangeLog
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 16:37:00
1 Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > Once users have the full git repo on their machines, they have two
3 > options. They can update it efficiently with `git pull`, or they can
4 > update it with rsync by using `emerge --sync`. You can even mix the two,
5
6 I don't think you can mix the two, because how my local clone looks
7 depends on when I run git pull. My local Git doesn't repack to match
8 packs on the remote.
9
10 The logical contents will be equivalent but the underlying data
11 structure will be different, so rsync only works the first time.
12
13 FWIW I also liked the look of squashdelta.
16 //Peter