From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] First release of Gentoo Keys
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 17:06:25
1 On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
2 > Of the remaining devs, only 16 keys total pass the GLEP 63
3 > requirements. More info can be found in the First-Use wiki page [4]
4
5 If you just create a gpg key with 5yr expiry and otherwise-default
6 options, typing a larger number into the keysize prompt, do you get a
7 compliant key? The guides talk about editing your gpg.conf, and it
8 looks like the tool does it for you, but is any of that necessary to
9 generate a compliant key? I'd prefer raw gpg commands and not a
10 script that automates everything.
11
12 Would this work:
13 gpg --gen-key
14 option 2 - DSA and Elgamal
15 size 3072 (the max)
16 expires 5y
17 Enter your name, email, and passphrase.
18
19 I've been putting off generating a new key until this all settles
20 down, and would prefer to mess with it as infrequently as possible.
21 Most likely I'll just switch to Gentoo-dedicated key for the tree.
24 Rich