From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global USE flags
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:41:53
1 On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 21:23 +0100, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > Jpeg isn't the only graphics format that supports exif information. Anyway,
3 > whilst I'm getting PHP5 in and working, being able to switch individual
4 > features off and on is a great help to me.
5
6 As far as I am aware it is. At least EXIF was specifically designed to
7 be kept inside a JPEG format file, but I might be wrong. I mean ppl
8 stick id3 tags on everything that has music in it these days likewise.
9
10 I was never really fan of the jpeg=exif solution, because it extends the
11 jpeg useflag beyond it's specific purpose. But I'm more worried about
12 the earlier mentioned double meaning of a USE flag we get now by your
13 interpretation. This is something that should be avoided and I hoped you
14 could take that more serious, but i guess it's just me.
15
16 - foser