From: Matt Rickard <frogger@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Where to put prerelease vanilla kernels?
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:39:29
1 On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:45:55 -0500
2 Jay Pfeifer <pfeifer@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > My thoughts... also posted on bug 25107...
5 >
6 > best just to put a pkg_postinst warning similar to the one from
7 > http://www.kernel.org/prepatch.html. I think this is better than
8 > putting the ebuilds in the package.mask. I would also want the package
9 > to be 'sys-kernel/vanilla-prepatch-sources' or
10 > 'sys-kernel/prepatch-sources'. Probably the first. This would keep
11 > users wanting the latest stable version, as deemed by kernel.org, from
12 > accidentally emerging the wrong vanilla-sources.
15 I put it in 'sys-kernel/vanilla-prepatch-sources' and added a
16 pkg_postinst warning. Just committed it and closed bug 25107.
19 Matt Rickard
20 frogger@g.o
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list