From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Apply patch depending on USE flag
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 06:31:45
1 On Friday 30 April 2004 02:25 am, Drake Wyrm wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2004-04-29, 23:35:28 -0400, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
3 wrote:
4 > We already have `use-with` and `use-enable` for that. Was the output
5 > from `use` ever used in any context other than "[ `use foo` ]" and
6 > friends?
7
8 use_with and use_enable do completely different things
9
10 ive personally used the fact that use echos the flag when building
11 packages ... for example, a package with a crapy build system:
12 for vid in `use sdl` `use X` `use opengl` `use svga` ; do
13 make clean
14 make VID=$vid
15 mv binary ../binary.$vid
16 done
17 *much* more often the fact that the use flag is echoed is not used
18
19 we will continue to hunt down useless applications of [ "`use blah`" ] and the
20 like in the portage tree so that we can transition to `usev` ... so stop
21 trying to fight the machine ... i know I WILL NOT BE A ROBOT
22 -mike
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list