From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: On the good usage of subslots
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 12:52:39
1 On Sat, 09 Feb 2013 23:38:35 +1100
2 Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I even noticed some maintainers adding subslots dependencies on
5 > libraries that do not yet define subslots. This too seems reasonable,
6 > given that there would be no impact until the library defines a
7 > (sensible) subslot in the future.
8
9 By the way, this could also be discussed: I did not check, but as far
10 as I understand it subslot is equal to slot if not defined. When said
11 library defines a subslot, the subslot will change and thus triggers a
12 (likely useless) rebuild of your package setting a := dep.
13
14 Alexis.