From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Possible Change in Glibc Versioning
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:17:35
1 I was made aware in #pax of a shift in glibc's versioning mechanism.
2 Most by now have noticed there hasn't been a glibc-2.3.3 package
3 released by GNU. I don't think there will be one. Skimming some
4 threads on the libc-hacker mailing list, the general attitude seems to
5 be letting the individual distributions take snapshots and decide what
6 is stable and what isn't.
7
8 I haven't fully read the threads below, but here they are if someone
9 wants to digest them and figure out how we'll handle the versioning changes.
12 Nov 2003:
13 http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-hacker/2003-11/msg00150.html
14
15 Dec 2003:
16 http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-hacker/2003-12/msg00033.html
17
18 Jan 2004:
19 http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-hacker/2004-01/msg00067.html
22 --Kumba
25 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world:
26 small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are
27 elsewhere." --Elrond
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list