From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Patch: Linguas USE support for cmake-utils.eclass
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 14:24:36
On 24 June 2012 21:56, Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o> wrote:
> On 2012-06-24 18:34, Ben de Groot wrote: >> >> We at qt@ have been discussing this on and off. We would like to >> see a linguas.eclass happen, because already now we start having >> code duplication. So instead of this duplication of code between >> qt4-r2 and cmake-utils eclasses, why not put this into a separate >> linguas.eclass that both can inherit?
Actually, I was just thinking, since we are talking about two variables and a few lines of code, maybe it would be better to add this to base.eclass?
>> Obviously the problem with handling more than just setting IUSE >> is the variety of ways in which linguas are handled by different >> packages and different build systems. > > I agree that linguas.eclass is a good idea, but how possible is it to > incorporate the various build systems, and the various approaches used by > each package? > > If you have some ideas, I'm more than happy to help.
We could look at the most common use cases, and see if we can come up with something generic that would work for most of those. We have some code in the qt overlay, but that is obviously Qt specific. -- Cheers, Ben | yngwin Gentoo developer Gentoo Qt project lead

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Patch: Linguas USE support for cmake-utils.eclass "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>