From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mozilla-bin
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 16:39:22
1 l_ 2001-09-22 klockan 00.10 skrev Aron Griffis:
2 > Hi Mikael,
3 >
4 > Mikael Hallendal wrote: [Fri Sep 21 2001, 07:51:20AM EDT]
5 > > I have a question about this package. Are everything needed for
6 > > building against (i.e. Nautilus, Galeon, Skipstone, Evolution)
7 > > included in this package?
8 >
9 > I committed this package because I didn't like compiling Mozilla either.
10 > Also I didn't know about the trick of running it as root the first time,
11 > so mine always segfaulted. :-(
12 >
13 > Regarding building things against it, I don't really know. I *think*
14 > that it contains everything necessary, because I believe that other
15 > distros use the prebuilt binary packages from mozilla.org.
16
17 Other distros have a mozilla-dev package which contains the stuff
18 necessary for compiling against it. Do you have time to do some research
19 into this area?
20
21 Regards,
22 Mikael Hallendal
26 Mikael Hallendal
27 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
28 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden