From: Mike Bonar <mike.bonar@××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] {Guide,Project,Foo}XML too confusing for many devs?
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:04:06
1 -----Original Message-----
2 From: Alec Warner [mailto:antarus@g.o]
3 Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 10:06 AM
4 To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
5 Subject: [gentoo-dev] {Guide,Project,Foo}XML too confusing for many devs?
6
7 <snip> my basic question is do you as a
8 developer find writing web pages to be confusing or difficult? Is there
9 not a good tutorial for learning our webpage XML syntax? Do you find that
10 you bump up against restrictions in the DTD or other problems that prevent
11 you from expressing yourself properly? Do you have any idea how to
12 actually go about extending GuideXML (or the other XML's we provide) Have
13 you ever tried? Could we improve training with regards to any of this?
14
15 Thanks,
16
17 -Alec
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
21
22 I have never had a problem writing for GuideXML, but I haven't done a lot of
23 it. I found the online guide to be sufficient for getting things working.
24 I've never had a problem with the DTD or any other obstacle for expressing
25 content in XML. As for extending GuideXML, I think we should discuss the
26 "business driver" behind that idea.
27
28 Do we have usage stats on the web sites? I use the Handbook, package.g.o,
29 and the forums the most. Would extensions to GuideXML help improve those
30 areas? Should we encourage more content to go into the wiki, expecially
31 content that is likely to change over a short period of time?
32
33 Mike
37 No virus found in this incoming message.
38 Checked by AVG Free Edition.
40 11:07 AM
44 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list