From: Christian Hergl <weehawk@×××××××.de>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Portage killed. Any help?
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 14:38:35
1 Hello list,
2
3 some time ago I tried to finish my gentoo system to get it work ready.
4 Amoung other packages, I had a baselayout-1.6.1 AND baselayout-1.6.2
5 installted, together with portage-1.6.11.
6 Ok, now I thought I shall be brave and update to baselayout-1.6.5 to get
7 rid of any mess in my startup-scripts (have had a few...).
8 I also updated to portage-1.7.1, all seemed to work fine. Until to the
9 next reboot.
10 Now all I get when typing 'emerge' is:
11
12 !!! Invalid token (not "=") B
13 Traceback (most recent call last):
14 File "/usr/bin/emerge", line 301, in ?
15 if not portage.settings.has_key ("MAINTAINTER"):
16 File "/usr/lib/python2.0/site-packages/portage.py", line 496, in has_key
17 if x.has_key(mykey):
18 AttributeError: 'None' object has no attribute 'has_key'
19
20 Uhm..... help? Please? Well, I have a (sort of, it seems) running system
21 now, but without portage, I can't update anymore anything and would be
22 stuck!
23 The emerge baselayout did seem to work well, and I worked to the .000x
24 startup files in /etc. It seemse though that something got messed up,
25 and I simply don't know where.
26 Also, if I ever get portage working again, would it be safe to unmerge
27 the old baselayouts? I'm not very trusting anymore which of which
28 packages are still needed and which not...
29
30 Thanks all in advance,
31
32 your confused