From: Matti Bickel <mabi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [PMS] Version Naming Clarification
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 20:22:48
1 Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Donnerstag, 7. Juni 2007, Doug Goldstein wrote:
3 > > That's exactly what I'm saying. CPV (Category/Package/Version) requires
4 > > =, >=, <, <= to begin it.
5 >
6 > So you'd like to change every foo/bar occurrence (and that's the common case)
7 > to >=foo/bar-0 !? Completely out of line, imho. I don't understand what the
8 > fuzz is about. sys-fs/ntfs3g is absolutely fine. Fighting for the little "-"
9 > is nonsense.
10
11 Um no. IF one specifies sys-foo/bar-3g you expect it to be a atom, else you
12 have to prefix it with ">=" to be a CPV. If i choose to specify sys-utils/bar
13 then i get any version of bar, which is fine. If i choose to specify
14 sys-utils/bar-3 and bar-3 is not a valid atom, repoman cries at me.
15
16 Thus, you can continue using the tree just fine :)
17
18 HTH,
19 --
20 Regards, Matti Bickel