From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Moving more architectures to ~arch only
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 17:07:25
1 On Mon, 2021-10-18 at 17:09 +0200, Thomas Deutschmann wrote:
2 > On 2021-10-18 03:08, John Helmert III wrote:
3 > > A security bug, for example, is currently blocked for almost a month
4 > > waiting for hppa stabilization [1], and this isn't the first time
5 > > we've had to wait for a "slower" arch on a security bug.
6 >
7 > Excuse me? How is this possible?
8 >
9 > We have that Gentoo Vulnerability Treatment Policy and HPPA isn't listed
10 > in supported architectures. That problem was resolved in 2018 [1].
13 Security team arbitrarily deciding that an architecture is unsupported
14 while otherwise it's supported in Gentoo doesn't change anything. Sure,
15 you can close bugs and pretend that a problem doesn't exist... except
16 that you can't if you can't remove the old version because of keywords.
19 Best regards,
20 Michał Górny