From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Suggestion: INVALID -> NOCHANGE in bugzilla
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 17:34:04
1 People reporting bugs often get annoyed when their bug is marked
2 INVALID; especially when they're relatively new to the Gentoo
3 Experience. We've all seen it many times, I'm sure.
4
5 Arguably no bug is invalid in the normal sense - if someone raises an
6 issue, they have an issue, regardless what we think of it. To that end
7 I'd like to propose bugzilla be reconfigured to use the phrase
8 "NOCHANGE" instead of "INVALID". NOCHANGE would indicate that whatever
9 the original issue, no change is needed on our part to resolve the
10 issue.
11
12 Any reasons why this would be a bad idea?
15 Kevin F. Quinn