From: Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding USE=udev to linux profiles
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 17:41:01
1 On 2018-07-22 1:52 p.m., Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 >
3 > [...]
4 >
5 > It looks to me like *within (sub)profiles*, a USE="-foo" should undo
6 > USE=foo, rather than adding "-foo" to the list of tokens that get pushed
7 > down via USE_ORDER.
11 ...except that we often want the sub-profile containing "-foo" to not
12 only undo +foo from a parent profile BUT ALSO unset +foo from IUSE.
13 IE, the way "-jit" is set globally in hardened profiles.
14
15 Though you do bring up an interesting point -- as portage may be the
16 only one doing it this way, I wonder what happens with other PMs...