From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Solving the problem of huge number of wrong LICENSES=*GPL-[23]
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 22:32:03
1 On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 6:46 PM Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I can say that if the licenses are habitually misidentified, I could not use
4 > Gentoo's portage tree in my job without extensive and ongoing revalidation of
5 > the license metadata.
8 Keep in mind that we're just talking about GPL-2 vs 2+ and GPL-3 vs
9 3+. We're not talking about GPL vs BSD vs something that involves a
10 EULA.
11
12 Do you actually accept one of these without the other, such that you
13 would have problems if they had gotten confused?
16 Rich