From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in app-arch/bzip2: bzip2-1.0.5-r1.ebuild
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 21:33:04
1 On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 5:09 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tuesday, June 07, 2011 16:47:29 Dane Smith wrote:
3 >> To be perfectly blunt, no small part of what caused this current fiasco
4 >> was this exact attitude. I don't like the current policy either, it's
5 >> far too wide. However, if you go back and look at why it even *got* to
6 >> council, it was because you (and others), decided that they weren't
7 >> going to give any regard to the requests of some of their fellow devs
8 >> about ChangeLogging removals.
9 >
10 > how is this relevant at all ?  i dont find value in these entries, other
11 > people do.  my attitude towards how worthless they are has 0 bearing on the
12 > policy towards creating it.
13
14 Plenty of people have, successfully I though, argued that removal
15 Changelog entries _are_ useful and have cited relevant situations.
16
17 Make a case about how the current policy is stupid in that it requires
18 changelog entries for trivial whitespace changes or for documenting
19 removals of packages even when it means the changelog is deleted as
20 well, but for god sake, stop the nonsense about documenting version
21 removals being useless.
22
23 Matt