From: Ryan Hill <rhill@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: enabling ipc-sandbox & network-sandbox by default
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 02:49:46
1 On Tue, 13 May 2014 19:11:18 +0200
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Dnia 2014-05-13, o godz. 09:28:49
5 > Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@×××××.com> napisał(a):
6 >
7 > > I tried network-sandbox — this is a disaster. It brokes distcc
8 > > completely since distcc client can't connect to remote servers (and
9 > > even to a local one if any).
10 >
11 > Calling something a disaster just because it breaks one thing is
12 > unpleasant at least.
13 >
14 > This is a corner case with no good solution at the moment. Though it is
15 > entirely doable to make FEATURES=distcc and FEATURES=network-sandbox
16 > conflict, or the former disable the latter implicitly. As Rich noted,
17 > we do not enable distcc by default so there's no reason why we can't
18 > enable conflicting options by default.
19
20 Probably best to make FEATURES=distcc disable network-sandbox then. People
21 enabling it are explicitly saying they want to access the network.
25 Ryan Hill psn: dirtyepic_sk
26 gcc-porting/toolchain/wxwidgets @ gentoo.org
27
28 47C3 6D62 4864 0E49 8E9E 7F92 ED38 BD49 957A 8463