From: Bernard Cafarelli <voyageur@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: pr@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: gnustep layout change news item
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 08:42:43
1 Upstream has changed the default layout for gnustep applications:
2 standard FHS layout is now recommended (as opposed to our
3 current prefix /usr/GNUstep).
4
5 Switching to this layout has some advantages for us: staying close to
6 upstream, standard paths, gnustep apps running fine without too many
7 environment variables, ... However it does imply remerging all
8 installed gnustep packages, hence this news item as an early warning to
9 users.
10
11 I plan to commit it on 2011-04-26, and drop the package.mask for the
12 corresponding ~arch packages a few days later
13
14 Comments and reviews welcome!
15 --
16 Bernard Cafarelli (Voyageur)
17 Gentoo developer (NX, GNUstep, net-misc, ...)

2011-04-26-gnustep-new-layout.en.txt text/plain