From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] About disabling DISABLE_DEPRECATED
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 21:45:45
1 Hi all,
2
3 as discussed this morning on #-desktop, I found out while reading
4 commits from April that we have quite a few ebuilds in tree doing this
5 manually.
6
7 The problem is that in those ~153 instances of the same command, some do
8 take care of problems such as i18n env, some don't, some delete whole
9 lines, some replace with $(NULL) or even other values.
10
11 I think it is high time we provide a reference solution for this, even
12 if the solution should be to push upstream to fix there build system as
13 usual.
14
15 You'll find in attachement a prototype patch from gnome2-utils eclass.
16
17 It does not take care of packages providing
18 --disable-deprecations{,-flags} on purpose for now since I have not
19 found a MACRO and hence a reliable way to make sure this works in
20 upstream tarballs. Some packages do have such configure switch but it
21 does not always work.
24 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
25 Gentoo

deprecation-warnings.patch text/x-patch