From: Paul de Vrieze <gentoo-user@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Livecds
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 12:43:23
1 On Tuesday 03 December 2002 04:48, Jeff Jeter wrote:
2 > GOT IT WORKING!!! thanks, a lot.
3 >
4 > Now for a more specific question. I'm burning tis livecd to test my
5 > installer. I would like to get samba installed (so i can easily update the
6 > installer w/out having to make a new cd), on a basic install livecd. What
7 > is the best way to do this? Is ther a way to make portage emerge to the
8 > dir i'm gonna make the image from?
11 Take a look at <man make.conf>
12 And specifically the ROOT variable, this should allow portage to work to
13 another dir. Note that this only works when library versions on the livecd
14 image are the same as on the host system, else a chroot should work better.
15
16 Paul
19 Paul de Vrieze
20 Junior Researcher