From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kportagemaster
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 11:13:00
1 Sebastian Kratzert <skratzert@×××.de> writes:
2
3 > Am Sonntag, 16. Juni 2002 03:10 schrieb Terje Kvernes:
4 >
5 > > 1) some way of parsing the output from emerge so we get some sort
6 > > of readable output. \r-usage doesn't go well with the current
7 > > version.
8 >
9 > What sort of parsing do you mean?
10
11 something to make the output from actions sort of readable. the
12 simplest fix would be to be able to get the widget that the output
13 gets pasted into to understand \r.
14
15 oh, and could you make it possible to set the foreground and
16 background colors in the widgets?
17
18 > > 2) after I've done an action I'd like to be at the same spot in the
19 > > tree, with the same view that I had earlier. now the tree
20 > > collapses and resets itself after doing it's thing. this is
21 > > rather annoying. the most correct behavior is probably to let
22 > > jobs just run, and not interfere with the GUI at all. this
23 > > does, however, pose some other troubles, like transparently
24 > > updating the tree(s). but it would be neat. expanded to
25 > > allowing several tasks at the same time sometime into the
26 > > future. ;-)
27 >
28 > This feature we discussed several times, but it's hard to update the tree
29 > transparently. So we pushed this task back in TODO. ;)
30
31 okay, nice to know you're on it. in the meantime, just making the
32 menu return to its previous state would be very nice indeed.
33
34 > > 3) we have "all", and "merged" panes. I can live without the
35 > > "non-merged" one, but can I get '*' instead of a '+' for
36 > > categories including packages that have duplicates installed?
37 > > that would make kportagemaster a nice graphical alternative to
38 > > pkg-clean.
39 >
40 > I don't see any possibility to change the [+], butwill try to do
41 > something similar.
42
43 great! maybe some colors on the [+] indicating status for that
44 category / ebuild might work. red for "none merged", green for "one
45 merged" and yellow for "several merged".
46
47 I've been using kportagemaster for a while now and I really enjoy
48 the "surfing" feeling of looking through the ebuilds.
49
50 > > anyhow, in case you're in doubt it's all very nice work!
51 >
52 > thanks.
53
54 it's nice to come back to the Gentoo community after a while and
55 find that things are getting even nicer. now, if someone has some
56 free time to sell me so I could get back into portage. :/
59 Terje