From: "Federico \\\"fox\\\" Scrinzi" <fox91@×××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: euscan user dashboard
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 08:13:44
1 Hi!
2 I'm Federico and I'm working for this year's Google Summer of Code on
3 the euscan project with Corentin Chary.
4 euscan is a tool to automatically scan upstream and find out if some
5 packages in gentoo are outdated and should be bumped.
6
7 We're working on a dashboard for maintainers where will be possible to
8 receive a personalized report of packages.
9 Currently on euscan (http://euscan.iksaif.net/) is possible to register
10 and watch / unwatch packages. A simple dashboard is provided with a
11 summary of the watched stuff (# of watched packages, # of outdated
12 packages, etc...).
13
14 We already received some suggestions and we implmented some of them, but
15 we'd like to receive more detailed feedback about:
16
17 - Mail newsletter: would you like to have it? which info would you like
18 to receive specifically? A summary of the packages you're watching? When
19 a scan is performed would you like an alert with all the new found
20 version? Anything else?
21
22 - RSS feed: would you like to have it? which info would you like? Only
23 about new found versions of the packages you're watching? Or about
24 portage updates too?
25
26 - Settings/Preferences e.g.: Receive news only about stable versions,
27 about unstable versions only if the version in gentoo is unstable, etc...
30 Thank you for your help!
33 f.
34
35 "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a
36 violent psychopath who knows where you live."
37 (Martin Golding)