From: christoph@×××××××.com
To: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ebuild copyright donations to Gentoo Corporation?
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:17:41
1 On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Seemant Kulleen wrote:
2
3 > Finally, Copyright on e-builds. We've gone through this on -core before.
4 > It's not an extremely big deal, but my understanding is that things would
5 > be infinitely easier, should problems arise in the future, if Gentoo is
6 > the copyright holder.
7
8 I am sorry but I was not around when this was discussed earlier. This
9 request looks like you want a code donation to Gentoo Incorporated free of
10 all licensing constraints. The copyright holder can release the code with
11 different licensing conditions. Gentoo developers would be putting the
12 work of their volunteer efforts under a corporate framework.
13
14 What is Gentoo Incorporated? I cannot find too much information about
15 Gentoo Inc.