From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] can't gpg sign with repoman, but can with git
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 19:25:09
1 Hey folks,
2
3 This is mysterious, and likely some issue with my setup, although it
4 used to work.
5
6 Trying tocommit with repoman commit (app-portage/repoman version 2.3.1)
7 results in the following:
8
9 * 4 files being committed...
10 error: gpg failed to sign the data
11 fatal: failed to write commit object
12 !!! Exiting on git (shell) error code: 128
13
14 However, committing directly with git commit works (and asks for gpg
15 passphrase).
16
17 In .git/config I have the following:
18
19 [user]
20 signingkey = 0x4F1A2555EA71991D
21 [commit]
22 gpgsign = 1
23 [push]
24 gpgsign = 1
25
26 In /etc/make.conf I have:
27
28 PORTAGE_GPG_KEY="0x4F1A2555EA71991D"
29
30 In ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf I have the following:
31
32 pinentry-program /usr/bin/pinentry
33
34 eselect pinentry show prints pinentry-gnome3
35
36 I'm using app-crypt/gnupg-2.1.20-r1, last updated May 24.
37
38 Interestingly, I recently (July 17) re-emerged
39 app-crypt/pinentry-0.9.7-r1, probably changing some USE flags. It may
40 have been broken before that anyway, I don't remember now.
41
42 Most of all, I'm interested how to get more debug info from repoman than
43 it currently shows me.
44
45 Any other insights would be welcome. Please let me know if you need any
46 other info.
47
48 Paweł