From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] added Gentoo-HOWTO
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:20:00
1 drobbins@g.o wrote:
2 >
3 > Well,
4 >
5 > One advantage to using docbook is that once we get the docbook xml/sgml -> html
6 > conversion working well (so that it integrates into our website), we should be
7 > able to offer most of the Linux HOWTOs direct from gentoo.org.
10 Well I think XSLT(sablotron) is the right choice for our webpage.
11
12 I'm willing to make a docbook backend that creates an xml we can use on
13 our webpage.
14
15 I'm getting stupid over here doing nothing else then rewoking and
16 testing
17 packages since a few weeks. ;~}
18
19 I don't think we should make a extra html backend. It's better to
20 produce
21 an XML output that can be processed with our webpages XSLT.
22 Otherwise we must allways change both.
25 I have now idea how comlex this will be. But I think writing new
26 backends
27 for docbook is well documented. I will take a look at it.
28
29 Unfortunately I can't find the XSLT-stuff you did. Can you please resend
30 me that stuff.
31
32 achim~
33